Following the successful return to training for our senior players we are also pleased to report that we are ready to re open the bar this weekend.
Our key priority continues to be keeping everyone safe and well so as you would expect there are a number of new measures which we have put in place to allow us to operate in line with current government guidance
So what’s changed?
- We are running at a reduced capacity in the bar.
- Opening hours will be Friday 7pm-11pm and Saturday 4pm -9pm
- We have a one way system in operation through the club house with different entry and exit points.
- Table service only in operation – no drinks served or seating at the bar.
- Card Payment only
- Strict social distancing (2m) between members with the bar area having been modified including the installation of screens.
What we need you to do:
- We have bought loads of sanitiser – Please use it before you enter the club and as you move around observing high standards of hygiene.
- Please stick to the one way system
- When you enter the bar area please head to a table and remain seated unless you are heading to the toilet/smoking area.
- Please make sure you have registered (see below) so we have your details in case of contact tracing.
- Groups of no more than 3 households can sit together to a maximum of 8 people per group and distance between households must be kept to 2m.
- Please stay in your groups – unfortunately no mingling
- If we are full then unfortunately you won’t be able to come in.
- We require everyone using the bar to register their contact details with the bar staff before you are served. We will keep this information for 21 days as we are required to have it available should it be needed as part of “track and trace”.
On face coverings
- Face coverings are not required by customers (bar staff will be wearing them) but you may feel more comfortable wearing one when you are walking around the club.
In addition all our volunteer bar staff will have PPE, and we have implemented an increased cleaning regime.
We appreciate that these changes will feel strange at first however we would appreciate your patience and also your feedback as we all get used to this new way of running the bar.
Special thanks to Pauline, Robbie and Andrew for all their hard work to get us to this point.
Club Vice-President and Covid-19 Response Coordinator